For nearly a decade before the buzzwords “SaaS” and “Cloud Computing” entered the mainstream, Web Help Desk has provided the service desk industry with its award winning hosted help desk software. Today, Web Help Desk announced an affordable Lite Edition for small to medium businesses, K-12 schools, collegiate departments and governmental agencies. This new Lite Edition is available as both a hosted SaaS application or for on site installation.
In today’s challenging economic climate, organizations have shifted focus to customer service and retention. Organizations must implement the tools that provide the best ROI, and the availability of the Web Help Desk Lite Edition as a Software as a Service (SaaS) model or On-Premise Server License ensures that an organization of any size and technical infrastructure can provide, track, and report on customer relations and deliver quality customer satisfaction.
“Organizations demand measurable value in their investments and are seeking alternatives to expensive, heavyweight software packages and hard to maintain in-house solutions” said Web Help Desk, VP, Terry Siddall. “If you currently have a costly solution in place and use only a minority of its functionality, take the time to explore the Web Help Desk Lite Edition. We have achieved a great balance of features and price that can satisfy the needs of most customers and save them money at the same time.”
Web Help Desk Lite Edition offers a strong feature set, simple implementation, ease of use, email integration, flexibility, scalability, and an unparalleled user interface. This powerful feature set is all backed by an industry leading, knowledgeable technical support team.
Web Help Desk Lite Edition Key Features:
- Web Portal – A full customer support web portal for end users to submit service requests, view ticket updates, and seek self help or view auto-suggested solutions from the knowledge base.
- Email-to-Ticket Conversion – Automatic email-to-ticket conversion ensures that service requests submitted via email do not fall through the cracks and breach SLA.
- Ticket History and Audit Trails – Support staff may add notes (and hidden notes) to each ticket from the web or via email. Every update to a ticket is recorded by username and time date stamp.
- Knowledge Base – The customer service Knowledge Base allows both public and private visibility of entries. Building an extensible and searchable knowledge base for internal and external use is easily attainable.
- LDAP and Active Directory Integration – Utilize your current LDAP or AD directory for login authentication and to schedule imports of customer data.
- SLA Email Alerts and Reminders – Configure various Service Level Agreements for email alerts, escalations and reminders to be sent to support staff.
- Graphical Performance Reports – Run a variety of help desk reports to measure productivity and gauge customer satisfaction. Reports may be run real-time, exported to spreadsheets, or through automated email delivery.
SaaS Hosted Licensing
The Web Help Desk’s hosted Lite Edition builds on a near decade long tradition of providing a secure, efficient, high-speed platform at a fraction of the cost of comparable solutions, eliminating the need to maintain a costly server infrastructure. A “try it before you buy it” hosted trial period ensures that an organization’s requirements are met with zero financial investment or risk.
On-Premise Server Licensing:
The Web Help Desk Lite Edition is a cross-platform, vendor neutral server side application that can be installed on any Windows operating system, Mac OS X, Linux, and UNIX. Organizations who maintain solutions in-house can easily deploy the Web Help Desk on existing hardware along side existing applications.
Upgrade Path From Lite to Pro Edition:
As the complexities of your organization and demand to provide enhanced customer service increase, upgrading from Web Help Desk Lite to Pro is a great option. Upgrading is a simple license key change, so there is no need install additional software for on-premise upgrades. SaaS customers can be instantly switched from Lite to Pro as well.
For more details and a free help desk software download, visit the Web Help Desk website http://www.webhelpdesk.com or call +1-510-279-2251.
About Web Help Desk:
Founded in 1998, the Web Help Desk software suite is the leading cross-platform service desk management solution for help desk and customer support professionals who seek to simplify and control their increasingly complex service environments. The extensive feature set of the Web Help Desk software addresses critical IT and support areas, including: Incident and Problem Management, Asset and Desktop Management, Knowledge Management, and Approval Workflow.