On February 19, 2008 technology writer Omar Gallaga participated in an episode of the National Public Radio (NPR) show “All Things Considered”. The topic of the show was David Allen’s Getting Things Done method to increase productivity at work and at home.
For those not familiar with GTD, since being published in 2001 as a self-help book, it has grown into a near cult following of GTD’ers. Not surprisingly a large number of followers are technology junkies. It has inspired numerous web sites, blogs and software meant to allow you to adapt GTD principles into your life.
Listen to the broadcast “Tech Junkies Crazy About Getting Things Done” on the NPR web site.
More information on the Getting Things Done methodology can be found on the following web sites.
- David Allen, Getting Things Done and GTD: David Allen’s official site features videos, software and several active blogs and newsletters.
- 43 Folders: Merlin Mann’s site offers one of the best primers for getting started with GTD and source of information for the productivity community.
- Lifehacker: Tech Tricks, Tips and Downloads for Getting Things Done: This site frequently features new GTD-related software, tips and hacks.
- Getting Things Done: My Experiences with Using GTD: This blog is a dumping ground for news feeds, articles and other blogs related to GTD.
- Getting Things Done Zone at Office Zealot: This site offers many resources and articles related to GTD.