HP today announced the world’s first two-in-one server blade. The HP ProLiant BL2x220c G5 combines two independent servers in a single blade. This offers customers with scale-out environments improved data center performance, reduced floor space and lower power usage.
The HP ProLiant BL2x220c G5 offers three times the density of traditional 1U rack-mount servers. This addresses the data growth facing companies with cloud computing, Web 2.0 and HPC deployments. It also delivers a 60 percent better performance per watt than similar configurations which minimizes cooling and power costs.
Pricing starts at $6,349 and can go up to more than $20,000. The HP ProLiant BL2x220c G5 comes with either dual or quad-core Intel Xeon processors. It archives speeds up to 12.3 teraflops for a 42U rack.
With up to 32 server nodes in a single 10U blade chassis, the new BladeSystem can scale up to 128 servers, 1,024 CPU cores and 2TB of RAM in one standard-sized rack consisting of four enclosures.
- Supplying up to 1,024 central processing unit (CPU) cores in a single 42U rack, the BL2x220c is the industry’s first server blade to offer more than three times the density of traditional 1U rack-mount servers. Additionally, the new server blade leverages HP’s award-winning management and configuration tools that help drive down costs and mitigate risk.
Key components include:
- Industry-leading density: Two servers per slot, up to 32 server nodes per HP BladeSystem c7000 enclosure or 16 per c3000 enclosure. Can scale up to 128 servers, 1,024 CPU cores and two terabytes of RAM in a single 42U rack.
- Industry-leading performance: Up to two Intel® Xeon® 5400 Series Quad Core CPUs or Intel Xeon 5200 Series Dual Core CPUs per server node. Unmatched blade speed of 12.3 teraflops per standard 42U rack requiring only eight square feet of data center raised floor space.
- Change-ready connectivity supported through dual-gigabit Ethernet network interface card and HP Virtual Connect. Optional x8 PCI-Express mezzanine socket supporting 4x double data rate InfiniBand fabric for low latency and high bandwidth.
- Easy remote management capabilities with HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2) Standard Blade Edition and comprehensive system monitoring with HP Insight Control Environment for HP BladeSystem.
For more information visit the HP Press Room web site.