This next-generation software application gives mid sized and enterprise IT and customer service organizations an innovative solution. It features new tools in configuration management for intuitive, unprecedented change management control
It improves the customer experience and provides more robust business process support and self service for IT operations.
“We are pleased to continue our investments in the FrontRange strategy to deliver a uniquely comprehensive suite of unified IT applications. These solutions, including ITSM, enable our customers to realize the benefits of IT best practices and ITIL® along with the Microsoft®.NET Framework 3.0,” said Kevin J. Smith, Vice President of Products for FrontRange Solutions. “ITSM 6.1 reflects the evolving needs of our customers and strengthens our IT Service Management, IT Asset Management, VoIP IT, and Client Lifecycle Management portfolio while allowing customers to gain a rapid return on investment and get more focused on what they do best knowing they have the best applications and technology available.”
Enhancements available with ITSM 6.1 include:
- Improved Self Service portal user experience including expanded business process support and VoIP communications capabilities including click-to-call and broadcast
- Updated, easy-to-install and implement service request management
- New tools in configuration management for intuitive, unprecedented change management control
- Visualization of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) including impact analysis, drill down controls and a dynamic, graphical service map
- Support for the latest Microsoft business automation and presentation technologies, including Microsoft Office 2007, Outlook® 2007, .NET 3.0, and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
“We are excited to see Microsoft Gold Certified Partners such as FrontRange Solutions demonstrating the value of Windows Presentation Foundation to the enterprise marketplace,” said Tim Sneath, group manager of Client Platform Evangelism for Microsoft Corp. “FrontRange Solutions has recognized the value of using WPF to create intuitive, scalable data visualizations for situational awareness and control. By harnessing the power that the .NET Framework brings to the user interface, the company has been able to build a high-quality solution that reduces costs and provides improved flexibility.”
For more information on FrontRange IT Service Management Version 6.1 and other products from FrontRange Solutions, visit: http://www.frontrange.com.