BMC Software today announced the immediate availability of BMC Atrium Configuration Management System (CMS) Essentials, a new solution offering that provides customers a “starter kit” for Business Service Management (BSM) and the adoption of best practices as defined by IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®).
Today’s IT organizations are under great pressure to support their companies’ business-critical applications and services. The industry’s only purpose-built CMS solution and part of BMC’s core architecture, BMC Atrium CMS Essentials increases the rate of successful change implementation, reduces mean time to repair and trouble tickets, and improves IT business responsiveness, while lowering the cost of infrastructure and management tools. The solution’s combination of application programming interfaces (API) and federation allows customers to build upon existing IT investments.
Grounded in ITIL, BSM provides an ideal strategy for ensuring that IT’s mission is aligned to business priorities. BMC Atrium CMS Essentials accelerates that alignment process by bringing together complementary technologies that provide customers a strong foundation for BSM and automation, preventing stalled or failed deployments and maximizing the value of IT investments. By facilitating a streamlined approach, BMC Atrium CMS Essentials enables organizations to integrate even the most diverse IT environment.
Yphise, a leading European information technology (IT) research firm, recently awarded BMC’s CMS Essentials and BMC Atrium CMDB with top honors based on a thorough product evaluation. Yphise found that “BMC Atrium CMDB (BMC) provides best coverage of our list of requirements… This highlights its maturity and suitability for investing in this business case.”
As part of BMC Atrium CMS Essentials, BMC has included the BMC Blueprint Methodology, a proven approach that ensures the successful deployment of a CMDB. It provides a special focus on the initial evaluation and planning stages, helping customers to carefully define both their IT and business goals and create a plan to achieve them.
“BMC Atrium CMS Essentials delivers powerful new capabilities that allow customers to make profitable changes to their IT management without a massive overhaul of their existing infrastructure,” said Jim Grant, senior vice president and general manager of BMC’s Enterprise Service Management business unit. “We are arming forward-looking IT departments with a proven, process-based methodology that will promote successful deployments and greater ROI by aligning existing resources with longer-term strategic initiatives.”
Additionally, BMC announced the Atrium product line has been expanded to include BMC Atrium Orchestrator, formerly known as BMC Run Book Automation. Similar to other Atrium products, BMC Atrium Orchestrator is a horizontal technology, meaning that it brings dramatic efficiencies through the automation of labor intensive, error-prone tasks across the entire IT service management spectrum.
BMC Atrium CMS Essentials includes the following products:
- BMC Atrium CMDB links IT processes together through a common repository with graphical, business-relevant views into the IT Infrastructure.
- BMC Atrium View improves business views into IT management and performance.
- BMC Discovery enriches the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) by automatically discovering People, Business Processes, Applications and IT infrastructure data to provide an up-to-date picture of your IT environment, the people who depend upon it, and the business processes that make up your critical business services.
- BMC Run Book Automation enables IT Operations organizations to automate routine, labor-intensive, error-prone tasks, leveraging systems, applications and tools across silos in the operations environment, from trouble ticketing, fault management, performance monitoring, vitalization management, CMDB, and more.
- BMC Analytics for BSM provides point-and-click analysis and advanced reporting across BMC Remedy Service Desk, BMC Remedy Asset Management, and BMC Atrium CMDB.
- BMC Dashboards for BSM enables the linking of critical IT process into a dashboard view that provides aggregated performance indicators within a single pane of glass.
- BMC Remedy Action Request System provides a consolidated Service Process Management platform for automating and managing Service Management business processes. With its request-centric, workflow-based architecture, AR System is optimized for efficiencies in Service Management business process delivery, and includes pre-built modules for notifications, escalations, and approvals.
For more information about BMC Atrium CMS Essentials or any other product within the Atrium family, please visit: www.bmc.com/atrium.