Numara Software, Inc., a leading, worldwide provider of practical IT service management software, today announced the release of Numara FootPrints 9, the latest version of its award-winning Numara FootPrints service desk management solution.
Featuring new and expanded support for IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 service lifecycle best practices and extensive usability enhancements, including powerful new mobile technology, this release further demonstrates the company’s continued focus on delivering advanced functionality to its customers at an affordable price and helping service organizations deliver a world-class experience to their service customers.
“Throughout organizations of all sizes, IT managers are struggling to fully support their business’ complex needs within a constrained budget,” said David Weiss, president and CEO of Numara Software. “That’s why we’re dedicated to helping our customers implement the most practical and flexible IT Service Management solutions available, and the latest release of Numara FootPrints 9 with the new Service Catalog and Mobility solutions along with the Preventive Maintenance module is another example of this dedication.”
“I think the Numara Software approach to the IT service desk is just what mid-market and departments within larger enterprises need,” said Paul Burns, senior analyst, Enterprise Management Associates. “Numara Software is focused on providing practical and easy-to-use solutions, which is exactly what these markets appreciate. With the latest release of Numara FootPrints, the company has hit on a variety of transforming capabilities, especially the integration of their new Service Catalog with the CMDB.”
Designed for mid-sized to large organizations, Numara FootPrints is a market leader for real-world, practical IT service management, delivering unparalleled value with a highly flexible workflow platform for managing the service desk and other business processes. This new release delivers a range of enhanced and new functionality, including:
ITILv3 for the Real World
Numara FootPrints 9 offers unmatched flexibility and painless implementation whether customers are just beginning to formalize their IT processes or fully embracing ITIL v3 to better align with their business needs.
- New Integrated Service Catalog: With Numara FootPrints Service Catalog, service customers can view a catalog of all the services that are provided by the service desk, see detailed information about those services, select the services they want and submit their requests through any web browser. The service catalog lays a foundation for moving into a service-oriented IT model that delivers an amazing customer service experience. Service organizations can now provide a “one-stop-shop” service request experience in an easy-to-use and understandable format.
- Comprehensive Change Management: With Numara FootPrints Change Management, organizations will now be able to easily extend the value of change management and approval processes throughout the organization with new support for automated customer and supervisor approvers.
- CMDB for Everyone: With more comprehensive functionality, Numara FootPrints Configuration Management (CMDB) can be used across the business and includes asset relationship and visualization enhancements, expanded roles and permissions, and new web services to manage the CMDB externally.
- Extensive Knowledge Management: Businesses will improve service desk personnel efficiency and share vital knowledge between different functional areas with improved workflow, auto-searches and reports along with new Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) verification.
World – Class Customer Experience Aligned with the Business
Numara FootPrints 9 provides new and improved ways to help service organizations manage service delivery more effectively, including:
- New Service Desk On the Go™: The new Numara FootPrints Mobile, optimized for small-screen use, allows agents to access the service desk using the web browser on their Microsoft® Windows Mobile, RIM® Blackberry®, and Apple® iPhone® devices. Agents can quickly perform critical support functions from wherever they are, such as creating and editing incidents, viewing assignments, performing keyword searches and looking up contacts. Also, agents can easily and automatically synchronize tasks, appointments and contact data.
- Proactive Service Management: The new Preventive Maintenance Module prevents downtime and ensures business continuity by enabling service desks to generate automatic schedules and notifications to track recurring service requests on assets, configuration items and processes.
“The biggest benefit that we get from using Numara FootPrints 9 is improved organization and communication,” said Joshua Koch, director of technology, Woodland Joint Unified School District. “It allows us to put the end-user in the driver seat when communicating with our technology department, and better equips us to organize and prioritize our workload. The ITIL best practice framework, along with an easy-to-use web interface, made it easy to implement and customize to our specific needs.”
The practical and flexible design of Numara FootPrints delivers immediate value to customers in its ease-of-use and rapid implementation time to reach productivity, at an extremely low cost of ownership. Unlike other costly and complex products, this highly configurable and scalable solution does not require any programming, deep technical expertise or long consulting engagements.
Numara FootPrints 9 supports ITIL v3 processes and is a certified toolset that has been verified by Pink Elephant through its PinkVERIFY™ Program. Numara FootPrints 9 has been assessed and verified for Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Catalog and Knowledge Management, along with Request Fulfillment.
Numara FootPrints 9 is available immediately. It is offered in either an on-premise license or hosted. For more information, including a complete list of new features, please visit: www.numarasoftware.com/footprints.asp.