Pink Elephant’s 13th Annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition is showing a promising registration trend despite economic conditions that have impacted several high profile IT events worldwide.
These developments follow news reports that the demand for process efficiency and ITIL knowledge will surge this year:
- Six Sigma, ITIL, other business processes cut IT costs in lean times
- 10 Hot IT Jobs
- 10 Management Must-Dos
- CIOs Still Want Systems & Development Staff
- New Research Reveals Highest Paid IT Skills & Certifications During The Recession
ITIL’s popularity in a maturing industry is partly due to greater awareness of how process improvement supports fiscal responsibility. Clearer evidence of ITIL’s ROI, and greater visibility of processes that directly relate to cost management is a key enhancement in ITIL version three (V3), published in 2007:
- Service Strategy book: The Financial Management process describes cost effective ways to manage IT budgets and charge for services. This life cycle phase also describes an approach for Risk Management that can reveal costly vulnerabilities, and assist IT managers with better decision-making
- Continual Service Improvement book: The Seven-Step Improvement Process describes an approach for measuring IT services, taking corrective action, and building better service as a result of improvement efforts. Data coming out of this process can uncover opportunities for cost control. Building better service can also help the business justify IT costs, and can boost funding for further process improvement projects
Read more examples of how real companies have saved money and built better IT infrastructures using ITIL.
Read more on why now is a crucial time for building a process-based approach to IT, from one of Pink’s most senior IT management consultants, Troy DuMoulin.
“With the current economic challenges many organizations are facing, you could say that ITIL’s time has come,” says Pink Elephant President David Ratcliffe. “Almost everyday we’re seeing news outlets and industry analysts commenting on how frameworks like ITIL are essential for delivering IT services efficiently in troubled times. And, with the encouraging attendance at our annual conference, clearly many IT organizations and practitioners are already getting the message!”
About Pink Elephant
Pink Elephant is proud to be celebrating 20 years of ITIL experience – more than any other supplier. Operating through many offices across the globe, the company is the world’s #1 supplier of ITIL and ITSM conferences, education and consulting services. To date, more than 100,000 IT professionals have benefited from Pink Elephant’s expertise. Pink Elephant has been championing the growth of ITIL worldwide since its inception in 1989, and was selected as an international expert to contribute to the ITIL V3 project as authors of the Continual Service Improvement book and through representation on the International Exam Panel. For more information, please visit www.pinkelephant.com
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce in the United Kingdom and other countries.